Rules for the use of travel coupons
This Regulation governs terms and conditions for the issue, use and expiry of the Coupons issued by the Company. By issuing the Coupon, the Passenger declares to know and accept this Regulation and undertakes to observe it in its entirety.
The Regulation does not derogate from the CGT of the Company. In case of divergence between a clause of the Regulation and a clause contained in the CGT, the clause contained in the CGT will prevail.
In addition to the other definitions contained in this Regulation, the following terms shall have the following meaning respectively assigned to them:
- Ticket:purchased by the Passenger to use a maritime transport service provided by the Company;
- CGT:the General Conditions of Carriage of the Company from time to time in force;
- Coupon:paper or digital coupon, with a monetary value expressed in Euro currency, issued by the Company and usable under the terms and conditions of this Regulation;
- Company: the company Liberty Lines S.p.A., with registered office in Trapani at Giuseppe Serraino Vulpitta street n. 5, Tax Code and registration number in the Register of Companies of Trapani: 01683020810, Vat n. 01920660816;
- Passengerthe pers on who has purchased a Ticket;
- Regulation: this Regulation governing the terms and conditions of issue, use and expiry of the Coupon;
- User: the Passenger or the other person to whom the Coupon has been transferred.
2. How to issue the Coupon
- he Company issues the Coupon, with the consent of the Passenger, in any case where it is due to the Passenger, by law and/or in application of the GTC, reimbursement - in whole or in part - of the price of the Ticket, as an alternative to payment in cash. The value of the Coupon is, therefore, equal to the amount that would have been paid in cash by the Company to the Passenger for the reimbursement of the Ticket, to the extent provided by law and by the CGT.
- In the event that the Ticket has not been used by the Passenger to renounce the journey (for any reason due), the issue of the Coupon takes place on the condition that such waiver has been communicated to the Company up to 30 minutes before departure.
- Tickets issued at the "Non-refundable" rate do not qualify for the issue of the Coupon.
- The Coupon can be issued by authorised ticket offices or through the Company’s call center.
- Once the Coupon has been issued, the Passenger can no longer ask for a refund of the Ticket price by means of cash payment.
- The amount of the Coupon cannot be converted into cash, neither during its validity nor after its expiry.
3. Conditions of use of the Coupon
- The Coupon is equipped with an alphanumeric identification code.
- The Coupon is not registered and is transferable to third parties at no additional cost. The transfer of the Coupon implies the knowledge and acceptance, by the User to whom it has been transferred, of this Regulation and the commitment to observe it in full.
- The User has exclusive responsibility the conservation and transfer of the Coupon. In the event of loss, destruction or theft of the Coupon, the User shall not be entitled to its replacement nor to the corresponding cash value or to any other services.
4. Validity of the Coupon
- the coupon is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- The Coupon may be used for a booking, including for travel dates after the expiry of the Coupon, provided that the booking is made by the expiry date of the Coupon.
- On the expiry date the Coupon will be definitively cancelledwithout prior notice to the User. It is the User’s responsibility to use the Coupon by the expiry date. The remaining amount of the Coupon on the expiry date will not be refunded by the Company.
5. How to use the Coupon
- The Coupon may be used, under the terms and conditions provided by this Regulation and the GTC, to purchase tickets for any route served by the Company, and for one or more passengers, within the amount of the same Coupon and the availability of seats at the time of booking.
- The purchase of travel tickets can be made at the authorised ticket offices of the Company, using the alphanumeric code shown on the Coupon.
- The Coupon can be used for purchases of any amount, at the rates in force at the time of booking, it being understood that: if the amount of the ticket is higher than the amount of the Coupon, for the completion of the booking the User will be required to pay the price difference at the same time, by credit card or by pos/ cash (the latter option only in case of use of the Coupon at the authorized ticket offices); if the amount of the ticket is less than the amount of the Coupon, the passenger is not entitled to the rest.
- You can only use one Coupon per purchase.
- Bookings made using the Coupon remain subject to the Company’s GTC.
6. Personal data processing
The personal data of the Passenger and the User that may be acquired pursuant to this Regulation will be processed in full compliance with the European Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, "GDPR") and D.Lgs. n. 196/03 (as amended by D. Lgs. n. 101/18), and will be kept for the period of time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and/or treated.
The holder of the processing of personal data is: Liberty Lines S.p.A., with registered office in Trapani at Giuseppe Serraino Vulpitta street n. 5, Tax Code and registration number in the Register of Companies of Trapani: 01683020810, VAT. n. 01920660816.