INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
of users who consult the company’s website pursuant to article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679
WHY THIS INFORMATION
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “Regulation” or “GDPR“), this page describes the methods of processing personal data of people who consult the website (hereinafter also referred to as: individually “user” or jointly “users“) of the Liberty Lines S.p.A., (hereinafter “Company” or “Owner“), accessible electronically at the address https://www.libertylines.it/ (hereinafter also referred to as the “Site” or “website“).
This information does not concern other sites, pages or online services accessible via hypertext links that may be published on the site but referring to resources external to the domain of the Company’s site.
The information may undergo changes due to the introduction of new regulations in this regard. The user is therefore invited to periodically check this page.
If the user is under the age of 14, pursuant to art. 8, paragraph 1, of the Regulation, the aforementioned user must legitimize his consent through the authorization of his parents or guardians.
If there are forms on the site that request the release of personal data, specific information will be present for each form in relation to each related data collection by means of the same.
OWNER OF THE TREATMENT
The data controller of your personal data is Liberty Lines S.p.A., with registered office in Trapani, CAP 91100, Via G. S. Vulpitta n. 5, VAT number 01920660816, Tax Code 01683020810, in the person of its legal representative pro tempore (hereinafter referred to as “the Data Controller” or “the Company”).
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Data Protection Officer appointed by the Data Controller may be contacted, by e-mail, by writing to email@example.com or, by ordinary mail, by writing to the registered office of the Company, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Data.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT TO PROCESSING
Following navigation on the Site, the Data Controller informs you that the computer systems and software procedures used to operate the Site itself acquire, during their normal operation, personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified interested parties but which, by their very nature, could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified and their activities to be traced. This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the Site, the addresses supplied with the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (e.g. success, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s IT environment ( hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
Furthermore, depending on the tools used by the Site, with your consent in the activation of analytical Cookies, further information on the user can be acquired, such as behavioral data acquired from the site owner or from third parties, as reported in the “data recipients” section. ” of this information.
• What are cookies.
• What cookies does the Site use
The cookies used by the site, and detailed below, may belong to the following categories:
Technical cookies used for the sole purpose of “carry out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the contractor or user to provide this service” (see art. 122, paragraph 1 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 as amended by Legislative Decree 101/2018).
These cookies do not require the acquisition of consent, but must be indicated in the information, as in the present case.
Profiling cookies used for statistical or commercial purposes managed by the Owner. In this case, the activation of these cookies is left to the will and consent of the User by acting on the management of the options indicated in the banner.
Third-party cookies, profiling cookies managed by third parties and which send data relating to the User to third parties other than the Owner.
This site uses the following cookies:
– _lscache_vary: used for cache management;
– wp-wpml_current_language: to store preferences regarding the selected language.
Google Analytics cookies:
– _ga – used to distinguish Users;
– _ga_* – used to maintain session state.
PURPOSE OF THE TREATMENT
Your Personal Data will be processed using technical cookies for the following purposes:
• to allow and facilitate navigation of the Site;
• for statistical purposes (anonymously).
Your Personal Data will be processed by means of non-technical cookies of the Data Controller, or of third parties, subject to your consent, for the following purposes:
• to trace back to you specific recurring behavioral actions or patterns in the use of the features offered (patterns) for the purpose of grouping your profile within homogeneous clusters of different sizes, so that it is also possible to modulate the provision of the service in a increasingly personalized, as well as sending targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences you express while surfing the net.
• In the case of use of third-party cookies, your data, subject to your consent, will be sent to third parties other than the Data Controller.
MANIFESTATION OF CONSENT
The profiling cookies used by the Owner, or by third parties, which do not have purely technical functions, are deactivated by default and can only be activated directly by the User.
The activation of profiling cookies by the User, or the acceptance of them en bloc by clicking on the “Accept all” button, implies express consent to the processing of his personal data for the purposes indicated, for each of them, in the banner. The banner will always remain active and available in the privacy area to allow the user to modify the selected choices at any time.
LEGAL BASIS OF THE TREATMENT
The legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data by means of technical cookies only is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to make the website considered prevalent more usable if balanced with the compromise of the rights of the interested party through the use of technical cookies.
The legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data by means of profiling cookies, managed by the Data Controller or by third parties, is your consent expressed unequivocally by means of the activation/acceptance of the same or their acceptance in bulk.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE DATA
Disabling technical cookies may cause malfunctions in browsing the website.
Failure to activate the profiling cookies of the Owner, or of third parties, will have no influence on the navigability of the website, but some functions of the third-party applications on the site may not work properly.
The web master may have access to his Personal Data, acquired through cookies, as supplier of development, provision and operational management services of the Site and who is appointed as data processor by the Owner, pursuant to art. 28 Regulation.
The third parties indicated in this statement who operate as independent data controllers are also recipients of the data collected through cookies.
DATA TRANSFER ABROAD
The transfer of data abroad to countries outside the European Economic Area will take place only after verifying the existence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission or after adopting standard contractual clauses. If these measures are not sufficient, additional measures will be taken to protect Personal Data, such as, for example, complete anonymisation of the same. In such cases, this information will be updated accordingly, reporting the measures adopted and the countries of destination of the Personal Data.
In the case of transfer of (non-anonymous) personal data abroad, this information will be updated with an indication of the third countries of destination of the data and the legal basis for their transfer.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Personal Data will be kept for the period indicated below and referring to each specific cookie or other tracking tool in use, as indicated below:
• Technical cookies:
– _lscache_vary – used for cache management: for duration 2 days;
– wp-wpml_current_language – used to store preferences regarding the selected language: for the duration of the session only.
• Google analytics cookies:
– _ga – used to distinguish Users, duration 2 years;
– _ga_* – used to maintain session state, duration 2 years.
• Cookies collected by third parties will be kept for the period indicated in the information provided by them.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY
The Data Controller informs you that you have the right, within the limits prescribed by the Regulation, to:
• obtain data and information on the processing, in particular in relation to the type of Personal Data processed, the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed, the period of processing and the subjects to whom the data are communicated (so-called right of access);
• obtain the rectification or integration of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you (so-called right of rectification);
• obtain the cancellation of your Personal Data (so-called right of cancellation) in the following cases: (i) the Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; (ii) you have withdrawn your consent to the processing of Personal Data, if they are processed on the basis of such consent; (iii) you have objected to the processing of Personal Data concerning you in the event that they are not processed for a legitimate interest of the Data Controller; (iv) the processing of Personal Data does not comply with the law. However, the retention of your Personal Data by the Data Controller is lawful if it is necessary to allow the same to fulfill a legal obligation or to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court;
• obtain that the Personal Data concerning you are only stored without any other use being made of them (so-called right of limitation) in the following cases: (i) you dispute the accuracy of the Personal Data, for the period necessary to allow the Data Controller to verify the accuracy of such Personal Data; (ii) the processing of Personal Data is unlawful and you oppose, in any case, the cancellation of Personal Data by the Data Controller; (iii) the Personal Data is necessary for the assessment, exercise or defense of a right in court; (iv) you have opposed the processing and are awaiting verification of the possible prevalence of the legitimate reasons of the Data Controller with respect to yours;
• present opposition at any time to the processing of data and in particular to the processing of data processed for direct marketing purposes, also in relation to services identical to those already provided by the Data Controller, and for the purpose of profiling (so-called right of opposition);
• receive, in a commonly used format, readable by an automatic and interoperable device, the Personal Data concerning you, if they are processed under a contract or on the basis of your consent, and/or request that the Personal Data concerning you are transmitted to another data controller, if feasible (so-called right to portability);
• revoke consent at any time to the treatments for which it is required. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised upon request to that effect to be sent to the dedicated e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing by ordinary mail to Liberty Lines S.p.A., in Trapani, CAP 91100, Via G. S. Vulpitta, n. 5.
Furthermore, you have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects your person in a similar way.
RIGHT TO COMPLAINT
If you believe that the processing of your Personal Data by the Data Controller is in violation of the provisions of the Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Guarantor (via e-mail, at the address: email@example.com , or by mail, to the Guarantor for the protection of Personal Data, which has its registered office in Rome (Italy), Piazza Venezia 11 Scala B, CAP 00187), as required by art. 77 of the Regulation, or to take the appropriate judicial offices as provided for by art. 79 of the Regulation.