Get back to Milazzo

Cathedral

undefined

The New Cathedral of Milazzo is dedicated to St. Stephen and is the result of a twentieth-century architectural project. It was opened to worship in 1951 and the interior has three aisles. Numerous other churches open along the ancient village, and among them the Sanctuary of St Francis from Paola is worth mentioning, the only one in Sicily to be consecrated to his memory and built at his behest in honour of his two visits which took place in the middle of the fifteenth century, during which he worked many miracles.